Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We want a puppy



We went to the RSPCA last week and played with a couple of gorgeous border collie cross with kelpie cross with something else they didn't know. These girls were gorgeous - a bit nippy, which is normal for the breed. The kids and I all voted to bring one home, but hubby is going away for a week next week and since he's the only one who has actually trained dogs before, we figured we should wait until he's around. Plus they were already quite big at 4 months, so we think the other thing they were crossed with was maybe like a horse or something.

But I REALLY wanted one. *sigh*

But the good news is we are definitely getting a dog of some sort in the next few months - whether it be a puppy or an appropriate rescue. All the rescue dogs except one had the "no small kids" box ticked the other day, so obviously no matter how much I'd want to take them all home, I have to think of the dogs comfort and of the kids safety.

The kids did really well with the puppies. They listened to the lady taking us around and then they played really nicely. #3 even managed to keep his voice to a normal level. #2 lay on the ground and just let the puppies jump all over him. The gorgeous one in the pic that I wanted to take home let me pick her up and cuddle her, and the hubby tried a few things with her that made him think she'd be great to train. However, puppies go fast here so by the time we go back, she'll already have a good home.

So I wait...which we all know I'm crap at.

No comments: